After viewing the interior of a residence, if you wish to rent it, each tenant, (18 years or older), must submit a completed Rental Application Form and provide us with two forms of identification.
$25 is due from each adult applicant.
The processing time for an application varies; you may call our office during business hours to check
on the status of an application.
- This application may be used for all rental properties listed by Sonoma Management Inc.
- Each applicant shall have a good credit rating, which will be verified through a credit-reporting agency. An adverse report such as delinquent accounts or unpaid judgments may disqualify applicant.
- Applicant’s employment and/or other sources of income will be verified. Length of employment and/or job stability is a factor of consideration. Applicants who are self-employed or retired must provide verification of income at the time application is submitted, (e.g. 1099, bank statements, etc). We require a 33% rent to income ratio. Outstanding debts will be taken into consideration.
- Current and prior landlord references will be checked. Failure to pay rent on time, give thirty-day notice in writing prior to termination of tenancy, to protect property or to respect the rights of other residents may disqualify the applicant. If using a relative as the reference, please submit copies of cancelled checks showing proof of rent payment.
- Applicant may be disqualified as a result of negative references.
- Stability of residency, (i.e. frequency of moves), and length of residency in the community may be a factor of consideration.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age in order to sign the rental agreement. All occupants over the age of 18 must sign the rental agreement.
- Rental agreements for our properties vary between month-to-month and six to twelve-month leases.
- Residents are encouraged to carry their own renters insurance on personal property. Management and owners are not responsible for damage to the resident’s personal property and/or automobiles as that is not the result of Management or owner negligence.
- A photocopy of a valid driver’s license or identification card is required with application.
- Overly aggressive, confrontational, rude or unprofessional behavior shown at any point during the application process may indicate an inability to behave well with neighbors and/or management, and may disqualify applicant.
- Rental agreements for properties vary from month to month, to six and twelve month leases.
- Residents are encouraged to carry their own renters insurance on personal property. Management and owners are not responsible for damage to the resident's personal property and/or automobiles as that is not the result of Management or owner negligence.
- All occupants over the age of 18 must sign a rental agreement.